- Create a new blank image. The size will vary depending on the the length of your text. Set the background contents to black. I’m using a 600 x 400 image so that it will fit on the page, but yours will probably be larger.
- Select the type tool. Choose a thick font and set the text color to white.
- Type your word, and make it large enough to nearly fill the image.
- Select the Gradient tool.
- Ctrl-click (on a Mac, command click) your text layer. The area of your text will be selected.
- Select the new layer icon (the square with the folded corner) at the bottom of the layer tray.
- Set your foreground color to black and background color to white.
- Set the gradient to fade from the foreground to the background.
- Fill the selected area so it fades from black at the top to white at the bottom, like this:
- With the fill layer still selected, go to Filter>Render>Lighting Effects.
- Adjust the size and color of the spotlight so that your image looks something like this:
These are the settings I used, but yours will be different. Make sure the light is coming from the top right corner, and that the spot surrounds your text.Set the top color to:
- Select Image > Adjustments > Curves.
- Choose settings close to these. Add control points by clicking and dragging. Use the background grid to help you see where to place the ponts:
- Your image will now look something like this:
- Select Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation
- Use these settings:
- Your image should look something like this:
- Choose Select>Modify>Contract.
- The more you contract, the wider the “gold” edge will be on your bling. I contracted by six pixels.
- Create a new layer. Name it “Diamonds.”
- Select Edit>Fill. Use these settings:
You’ll get something like this:
- Select Filter>Noise>Add Noise. Use these settings:
- Press Alt-Ctrl-F (on a Mac command-F). This is just a quick way to repeat the filter effect two more times. Your text will look like this:
- Press Ctrl-D (on a mac command-d) to deselect everything.
- Double-click the diamonds layer on the layer palette to open the layer styles menu.
- Select stroke. Use these settings:
- Select Bevel & Emboss. Use these settings:
Your bling is done!